Jason hasn’t walked away from the sport he loves – no one can teach if they don’t do it themselves, right? So Jason still races in triathlons at what he calls a “fun” level. With over 20 years experience at the top of his sport, and possessing an immense knowledge of triathlon, Jason has had the opportunity to train and work with a host of world champion triathletes. He worked with 3 time World Champion Emma Carney, and has also trained alongside current and previous champions of the sport such as Greg Welch, Craig Alexander, Michellie Jones, Cameron Brown, Mike Pigg and Simon Lessing to name but a few.
Within the sport of triathlon few people have the depth of knowledge and experience that Jason possesses. Being an athlete himself, he has a strength and understanding of the requirements necessary to ensure improvements are made, and can develop realistic programs for any level of athlete, from the first time “newbie” all the way to the very elite of the professional triathletes. And he does.
In addition, with his VIP Health Service, Jason has worked extensively with members of the Royal Family and various other VIP clients throughout the Arabian Gulf with tremendous success. Some of these clients just want weight loss – and Jason’s famous “live in bootcamps” have been highly successful for them. In fact, his motivational techniques have become quite famous in the region for “stripping” weight off these clients. Others want that ‘adventure’ put back into their lives and seek Jason in completing that sporting event they once thought could never eventuate. Many of these clients have become close friends of Jason’s as his services often require that he lives with his clients, and with his highly ‘can do’ approach to life, many seek his help in transitioning to a healthier lifestyle.
The inspiration behind a successful triathlon team ‘Team T2A’ developing ‘newbie’ athletes and Elite Age Group athletes…. some of his recent superstars listed below:
- Zoe Cresswell, GBR 8th AG 30-34, Glen Osmond USA, 13th AG 40-44 & Suz Newton GBR, 22nd AG40-44 in ITU World Championships in Chicago 2015
- Colleen Byrne, IRE 2nd AG 25-29 Laguna Phuket Triathlon 2012
- Finn Zwager, NLD 25th AG 45-49 & Neil Flanagan, GBR AG40-44 32nd in ITU Sprint World Championships in Auckland, New Zealand 2012
- Simon Marshall, GBR AG40-44 (2nd) Ironman 70.3 Japan 2012 (QF 2012 Kona)
- Deirdre Casey, IRE AG 25-29 IIII World Champion in Sprint Distance at the ITU World Championships in Beijing 2011
- Jane Westly, GBR (5th), Roy Nasr, LEB (2nd), Stuart Caunt, GBR (9th) in respective AG’s at ITU Sprint World Championships in Beijing 2011
- Trained Edward Hawkins, Simon Marshall, Neil Flanagan and Aya Stevens to qualify for the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii 2011. To qualify Neil and Simon achieved 2nd and 3rd in AG 35-39 at Ironman 70.3 Philippines 2011
- Jane Westley, GBR ITU AG 30-34 achieved 1st place in London 2011 (for details)
- Jane Westley, GBR ITU AG 30-34 achieved 4th place in the Grand Final in Budapest 2010 (for full results)
Since his arrival in the Middle East region, Jason has successfully undertaken the following appointments outside the T2A team training:
- Appointed personally by HH Sheikh Falah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan as the Head Physical Trainer to the Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club of UAE 2003, 04, 05
- Personal Fitness adviser to HH Sheikh Falah Bin Zayed Al Nahya
- Appointed Head coach of the UAE Police Triathlon program 2000
- Trained and conditioned the special force “elite” members of the Abu Dhabi Police CID unit.