It was too hard to pick one AOTM due to the number of exceptional personal performances this month, each on their own merit deserved the title, racing after months of training!
A special mention to Edward Hawkins for his superb result, 9:42:04 🙂 Ed trains so hard and truly deserved his time. Ed is one of the best examples of the what you can achieve with a passion for the sport and pure dedication to training 🙂 This training ethic is demonstrated throughout the team with equally superb results from Suisse, Ben, Marshall, Matt, Higgsy, Hunty and Trudy to name a few… [gush, gush]
So without further ado… I give you TT2A Athletes of the Month – July 2012
- Ahmed Al Malki, completing his 2nd IM at Challenge Roth, 13:39:24… Going for his 3rd in Dec at IM Busso. Brilliant!
- King Edward got a PB at Challenge Roth, all that hardwork and dedication to training delivered Ed to the finish line in 9:42:04 🙂
- Jari Routsi works and travels alot which gets in the way of his training but regardless Jari had a great race at Challenge Roth, 13:34:24
- Matt Warnock had a fantastic day at IM Austria – what a swim!!!, and bike and run 🙂 His 2nd IM producing a PB, 10:59 on a tough, hot day! Brilliant
- Stevie really is a wonder. Fnishes his 2nd IM with smiles all the way (well almost) at Challenge Roth, 13:42:40
- You are an IM. Stoli missed out last year but made up for it this year and had a fantastic race Challenge Roth, 12:24:45
- Tip: Don’t put Baby Shampoo in your goggles, if you do rinse thoroughly! No more tears, there were plenty believe me. Suzi Q at Challenge Roth 12:39:16
P.S. I think everyone who was in Roth will share in a massive thanks to Coach Pain for making the voyage to Roth to support his team and deliver words of encouragement in the lead up to race day, and particularly out on the run – when it’s needed most! Exceptional coaching, raw emotion! 🙂